Here you can discuss anything related to developing your own games (including mods for existing games and the like). Here are some examples of what could be posted here:
- "megathread" for a project you're working on with all the various info to advertise it (Please make sure the thread has ALL the info about the project! This is not meant to be for posts that are just outside links)
- assistance threads for programming, art, etc. (Specific to game development! Please keep general discussion of those to their respective Off Topic sections)
- "looking for work" threads where you try to get on with other projects
- "help wanted" threads where you can recruit people for your projects
- general info threads about various tools and whatnot that may help people with game development
- behind-the-scenes stuff from actual game companies (to assist fellow developers)
- guides, how-tos, tutorials... anything that helps devs (both new and veteran)
A quick note regarding what "game" means: "game development" in this instance means ANY kind of game. It can be a PC game, board game, browser-based game... so long as you "play" it and: you're making it, you are part of a team that is doing so, or you are posting something directly related and interesting to fellow developers.
This is NOT for general gaming discussion. Only development-related posts should be here!