Zio is LFW.
Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:22 PM
My name is Rob - but you can call me Zio, I'm 25 in January and live in the UK. I've recently shut down my own server of over a year old and am looking to stay in the loop with Emulation in order to keep my knowledge in use and bettering it as much as possible.
I'm quite sexy with SQL, PHP, HTML, CSS and the likes. I am also extremely fluent with Servers; The Operating Systems, Security, Networking - TCP/IP, Firewalls, Citrix, Daemon and various other utilities that help run a secure webserver, mysql server and ultimately - your cores.
I'm looking for a decent running server, with a moderate population - doesn't have to be spectacular, preferably something that is a development in progress, but live. I'd like to be working on the website/forums and all aspects of the Database (IE: World Database, Website/Forum DB's) in order to enhance, fix and/or optimise.
Those of you that know me, know I've been in the Emulation world since TBC, I've worked on many projects, most recently my own project, Feathermoon. We'd shut down because 3.3.5a was a hard as hell core to invite people to. Much larger servers out there had higher populations which was hard to compete with.
I'm fluent in SQL the most, although the 15,709 files to my old Server's website also show that I'm decent in PHP/HTML/CSS. I'm getting the hang of C++, I have implemented little tools from our old custom core, in to a Trinity Core - and made it work, but fixing spells and shit, no idea. Therefore I'd like to keep on top of the game by offering my services to another server owner.
What I desire:
• Remote Desktop Access to your Server. (Should be limited to the website files and an FTP root only, obviously)
• FTP Access to an FTP root in which I may transfer files between my homehub and your server. Such as editing the website, high-load SQL Queries, etc etc.
• A GM Account (no need for an Admin type account - Database fixes can be done without one.)
• A respectable title. I'm not a GM - sure, I'll answer tickets for the Owner when there's nobody online - but I manage people. If a GM is online, and I have to do the ticket because it's been unopened for 5 minutes, or the GM is dicking around spawning shit at his/her 'home' - I'm the kind of person that will set that shit straight. I will however be in game ALOT, checking items, objects, areatriggers, AI's, etc etc etc and fixing anything where needed.
• No Hamachi.
• No Repacks.
• Core/Website must be running on an actual server in an actual datacenter. Not interested in half-arsed work I'm afraid. :<
• Can be any game-version, but please provide me with a Client if it's 2.4.3. Every installer I use always patches me to 3.0.1. :(
What I can or will give depending on what you want:
• 24/7 Website/Forum support and integration of new tools.
• Website/forum fixes/upgrades/maintenance.
• In-Game development and database fixes.
• Integrated tools, such as Website<->Core communications.
• Can fill in as a GM if no other GM is online.
• Pro Server Management with Citrix, Daemon tools and some tricky firewall methods to help keep all those unwanted people out of unwanted places, even an entire country, LOLWTF!?
• Any graphic design, obviously. :)
Not sure what else I can put... I'm a trust worthy, respectable person - I've been in the Private Server business for years and have worked for other owners in between my own projects, providing reliable support and development.
If you're interested in me working with you (not for you, I won't be getting paid. ;)) then feel free to post here or send me a PM. :)
Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:57 PM
Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:58 PM
Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:17 PM
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave...
Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:00 PM
I hope you will get a nice place, Zio, good luck. ;)
Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:28 PM
Carreras, please provide some information about your server.
Update: Edited LFW Post.
Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:33 AM
So I'm not currently LFW, I will be however, when my development has finished with tbcgaming.com - still quite a way to go yet though.
If anyone is actually interested, drop me a PM with your details and I'll contact you when myself and Bloodfangx have completed his requests.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users